Monday, October 8, 2012

Day 9: Colored Out!!!

Before The Color Run
Happy Monday Everyone:):):)  How was your weekend?  I had such an awesome weekend because we ran in The Color Run!!!  I have to say that I was a little skeptical that it would be the happiest 5K in the world, but I completely agree with that:)  It's so much fun you don't even realize how much effort you're putting into running!  If you are debating about whether or not to go, you should definitely book your spot in the race asap!
Wore my shades!

First of all, you get splashed with all different kinds of colors, you get to see many different crazy outfits, AND you get to rock out when you get to the finish line:)  At the end of the race there is a DJ that plays some kick butt music that makes you want to just dance.  Once the countdown for the color throw is announced, there is soo much energy.  When the dust is thrown into the air and the music is blaring, you start dancing like no one is watching, and you get the feeling of being a little kid again!  Something about this race is truly magical and you will never have more fun at a 5 K!  I have to tell you a little secret and that is I was skipping, fist pumping, and leaping everywhere after the race:)
The "After" shot!

One of the neat things that I found out just before we started our run was we had highest amount of participants for The Color Run, ever!!!  That's right, Des Moines, Iowa , beat Philly, PA!!!  Philly had a total high of 26,000 people and Des Moines, Iowa had 27,000 people who rocked the 5K!!  Go Iowa:):):)  
Look at all of that color:)

Another thing that rocked was that I didn't stop one time during the race and even ran up the huge hill we ran down, when we first started the race, to get to the finish line!  I had to run on the grass because soo many people were walking and there was little to no room to run in between walkers:)  I met my goal of running The Color Run without stopping!!!  It has been a total of over 6 years since I was able to run a 5K race:)  It is such an amazing feeling!!

So, all of you who are following along with me and my 31 Days to a Happier and Healthier You, GO to The Color Run and have a blast!!!  You will be soo pumped after the race to continue on with exercising, eating healthier, and kicking some major butt at running!!!  This should definitely be on your bucket list...seriously:):) I will be sharing with you all, some pictures of The Color Run very soon!!  Please stop back to check it out:)

If you are ready to rock your socks off by running your next 5K then make sure you sign up for The Color Run!!!!  Next, year I will be doing this all over again and this time our team will have a theme!  I can't wait, I'm counting down the days!!

Oh, and I almost forgot, I'm signing up for another 5K for October 20th!!!  Woohoo,  keep them coming:)

Thanks for stopping by:):):)

Until next time!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I so want to do a color run! It looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog:) If you have any questions then feel free to ask away and I will get back to you!