Monday, October 15, 2012

Day 15: Vocab No, No's

 Words really do have quite the impact on the progress that you have made and how you will continue to make progress.  It seems almost silly how only a few words can change the way you think and feel about yourself and your life in general!
So True!
I do believe that you have to believe in YOURSELF and never say that you "can't" because you CAN do what you think that you can't!  You can change your habits to healthy ones:)  If I can do this then just about anyone can because I was in a pretty dark place before!

I would cry for no reason at all, on a weekly basis. 
I would worry about things that I couldn't control!
I would be so negative about myself and others.
I never gave myself credit for any positive things that I did for others!
I would become anxious for more than a couple hours!
I would beat myself up for eating out ALL weekend!


This list could go on and on!  I tried to turn my thinking around and really look deep down into my soul and figure out how I wanted to look at life.  Did I want to continue to look at things in a negative way and use language that would never enable myself to get the goals that I wanted to be at?  Or did I want to really look at myself and figure out what I needed to change?

I wasn't always this negative Nancy, but since I put on the weight that's how I saw the world.  Don't let yourself get caught up in that terrible cycle!!!  The one thing that I did was to turn my vocabulary around and try to look at things differently and myself differently!  If you are in that place where I was then you can do the same.  You have the power to do this:)
Via

I think this quote really shows my mind set that I was trying to work on and now that I have!  This quote is perfect for believing in yourself and being positive throughout your new journey!!
Via

One of the things you ALWAYS need to remember is that you CAN do things you think you never could have!   For instance, I took my cutie, putie puppy, Lucy, to the vet the other day and I was sporting my Color Run t-shirt because 1. I was proud of it and 2. I was going to Zumba right after the vet.  The vet and I got to talking about The Color Run.  I told her that I'm trying to get more in shape and be healthy by running in 5K's.  She told me that she loves doing that and that she loves getting involved in Triathlons!  She also said that I shouldn't rule that out and at least try it once!  That got me to thinking, maybe she is right, maybe I should at least try it....I would definitely train for it...don't know how , but I would figure it out!  So, maybe I will try out this triathlon thing!

You can't have that mindset of "I can't" because who is to say that "I can't"?  Probably the only person who would think that would be you!  Don't be so hard on yourself and believe that you can:):):) 
Via
The other thing that I have been trying to wrap my mind around and changing the way I think about it is "my journey".  The other times that I tried to lose weight, I looked at it as a diet and exercising to get down to my weight and then I don't have to worry about it!  I know use the word LIFESTYLE instead of diet because if you want to keep the weight off then it is a lifestyle change and something you will have to do the rest of your life! 
Via
So, when you start "your journey" think of it as a lifestyle change:)  Always refer to it as that, too!  The more you think it, the more you say it, then the more you will believe it!!!

Since starting this new part of my life, I have been looking every where for inspiration, research, and just different ideas on weight loss.  In more than one place I have seen people say that if you say "I don't eat that" instead of "I can't eat that" then you will have an easier time with staying away from that particular food!  I have been working on this concept and still am working on this!  I can understand why it would be easier for you to say no to something if you truly believe that you don't need it or want it, but some foods for me taste soo good.  I just don't know if I'm quite ready to give certain foods up, especially chocolate!  Don't even get me started on chocolate! I love chocolate!  Maybe I need to tell myself "I don't need it or want it"!!
Believe It!!
Those were the top 3 things that I changed in my vocabulary!  Now, it's your turn...what do you think that you need to change to have a positive outlook on your life, journey, or yourself?

Thanks for stopping by:):):)

Until next time!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. This is all very positive. For those that need a little extra incentive...there are some things they need to know...and you have pretty much touched on it all. Losing weight is a really hard thing to do...mostly because you have become accustomed to doing the things that have kept weight on for so long. At least...acknowledging it and trying to do something about it is a good start. There are some great resources and programs you can find online which will help you get the desired results. Some of them are free and some of them aren’t...but you just have to look for the one that is right for you. Check out these resources below...and hopefully...you will find something you like. If not...don’t give up hope and quit. Keep searching and aiming for your goals. You’ll get there...just takes some hard work.

    http://bit.ly/fatlossfactordrCharles

    http://bit.ly/truthaboutabs7fatkillingfoods

    http://bit.ly/thedietsolution5foodstonevereat

    http://bit.ly/therealreasonyourefat

    http://bit.ly/burnthefatrightnow

    Hope you found what you were looking for. Here’s to achieving your goals.


    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog:) If you have any questions then feel free to ask away and I will get back to you!