Tuesday, October 2, 2012

BMR and Sneak Peak #4!

Today, I have a combo post one for :
and one for my next sneak peak for my Halloween costume:)  I will share with you all my pic of the next item that I will have my Halloween costume and take a guess if you dare!!!  Here are my other posts for my Halloween costume: Sneak Peak #1, Sneak Peak #2, and Sneak Peak #3.
You don't need to adjust your screen because you are seeing the right pic!  It is a jar of pickles:)  I do have to say that I'm pretty happy to be carry this around with me all night because I do love me a pickle!!!


Now on to the other part of my post for today....BMR!  You might ask well, why is BMR so important in weight loss?  or What does BMR even mean?  I can honestly say that I didn't really know what BMR meant when I first started my weight loss this time around...I know it's kinda sad, but I definitely can't be the only one who doesn't know about BMR.

BMR = Basal Metabolic Rate and that means the number of calories you need to maintain your weight if you are doing absolutely nothing throughout the day!  So, you should definitely be eating AT LEAST your BMR.  If you don't eat enough calories to give your body the nutrients it needs then it becomes harder on your body and your body will begin to store more fat to make up for the loss of calories and nutrients.

Another thing to keep in mind when or if you decide to exercise when planning your new lifestyle, is to eat your calories in which you are exercising.  So, for example, 
 if your BMR is 1500 calories and you went to the gym and burned 300 calories 
then your caloric intake should be about 1800 calories.  

You want to aim for a total loss of 1-2 lbs per week.  If you lose more than 2 lbs per week then that means you are probably losing muscle mass which isn't a good thing.  The more muscle you have the more calories you burn!

Here are some great websites to look more into BMR and how it works:
Shapefit
BMR Calculator -
Runner's World BMR Calculator -
Discovery Health - This also has a BMR calculator, but it explains why to eat at your BMR!
About.com -  Another article that talks about BMR:)

Thanks for stopping by:):)

Until next time!!!!!
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh goodness, now you're throwing me for a complete loop! Pickles?! I'm so confused! Ha! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog:) If you have any questions then feel free to ask away and I will get back to you!