Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Day 16: Healthy Banana Muffins:)

Alright everyone, this weekend I was one baking and cooking woman!!!  I made banana bread, banana cupcakes, Nutella cookies, AND manicotti!!  Normally, I barely make 2 things out of the week and to make all of those within 2 days is unheard of!  What can I say, I'm on a roll:)

I'm definitely going to be sharing with you all, the above recipes and how they turned out, but today I just wanted to share with you all a recipe for some healthy banana cupcakes for my:
31 Days...
In order to be successful with your weight loss goal, you need some lighter, healthier, and more nutritious recipes to add to your cookbook and this would be one of them(if you like banana muffins!)

Here they are in all of their deliciousness:)
Yummy!

I LOVE any type of bread, or cupcake that has the word banana in it!  How about you?

To make these lovely muffins all you need is:

2 large eggs
2/3 c  brown sugar
1 c mashed ripe bananas, (2 )
1 c buttermilk
1/4 c canola oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 c  whole-wheat flour
3/4 c  all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsps baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 c milk chocolate chips, (optional)
1/3 c chopped walnuts, (optional)I didn't use these:(
Preheat oven to 400 degrees and get your cupcake liners ready.   Then whisk in bananas, buttermilk,  oil and vanilla eggs, brown sugar in a medium bowl .  Next, mix all of the dry ingredients such as the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together.  Add the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and after it's all mixed together then you can add your chocolate chips and/or walnuts to the mix!  Bake the muffins for 17 minutes or until they spring back to the touch.

The calories on these muffins are 196 calories!  That's really not too bad compared to some that you could end up making:)  Hope you all enjoy this recipe!!!

Thanks for stopping by:):):)

Until next time!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog:) If you have any questions then feel free to ask away and I will get back to you!