Tuesday, March 27, 2012

What a Nice Surprise!!!

This past Friday, I came home to find something exciting sitting on our kitchen counter, something that I wasn't expecting to find quite yet!  The hubby got home before I did and he had the mail sitting on the counter.  I found my Birch Box on the counter and I did a little happy dance because I was soo happy that it came in already!  I didn't really know what to expect.  I do have to say that it has the cutest little packaging and I love the little samples that come in it!  I knew that they would be small, but they really are quite tiny:(

I thought I would take this post to review what I received within the box.  Then if your thinking about purchasing either the Birch Box or items in it, it may help you make your decision!  So here I go, I hope it helps:)

Here is the box and the samples:

Isn't it so cute?

All of my lovely samples!
Added my finger nail polish!
First, thing is first, my finger nail polish :)
~Color Club Pink~

Applied
The color of this polish is VERY Springy, so that put a smile on my face:)  I applied this nail polish on Sunday and today it has very few chips, it has held up well!!!  The thing that I didn't like about this is that I put on 2 coats of nail polish and it still didn't cover completely:(  This mad me really sad! *frowny face*  I'm kind of indifferent as to if I would buy this brand of nail polish.  Maybe I would in a different color and see if it would cover better.  The price to buy one bottle is $8.00 which really isn't pricey at all.

On to the next item!

Orofluido

This tiny bottle is a hair treatment filled with nourishing essentials oils.  I put just a dab in my hair and it does seem to do it's job.  For a full-size bottle, it cost $29.99 and I could see spending that because my hair does seem to get quite a bit dry from straightening and such.

Next, is Ageless by Harvey Price.  I really do like the smell, it's fresh with a touch of grapefruit, pomegranate, and jasmine!  The full price for this scent is $55-$99...ouch!  The smell is pretty, but I don't know I'd be willing to pay that much:-/

Ageless

Spritzer
The other product that I received was Jouer and it's a luminizing moisture tint.

Moisture Tint
I'm really not sure how I feel about this!  I have something similar to this and I think I like my product better.  This really isn't anything special or maybe it's just because I haven't used it enough, either way, I will not be purchasing this!  For a full size tube, it's $38.

I didn't take a picture of this because I don't like it.  You can see part of it within the first picture that I took of the box.  It was Tea Forte and it was suppose to help out your skin.  I'm not a fan of tea, so I was kinda disappointed about this sample!  At first when I saw it, I thought it had something to do with a face mask, but it wasn't.  For 16 bags, it costs $6.

Last, but not least, probably was my favorite to try, Stila smoky eye card.  

Stila
The colors for the eyeshadow is pretty neutral, but it could go with just about anything!  Once you apply the base coat you really can't see the color, but the lid color you can see, subtly.  My favorite part of this combo is the linger!  Usually whenever I use liner that's in the form of eyeshadow, it doesn't go on well or you can't see it, but this liner went on like butter!  You could really see it and I LOVED that part!  I just might make a purchase of the eye shadow through Stila because overall it was pretty nice!  The thing I didn't like was the fallout.  For all three colors, it's $45, kinda expensive.

Fallout from the liner:(
So there you have it!  The Birchbox experience all summed up just for you:)  I hope you found this just a little helpful:)  If you are thinking about purchasing then just keep in mind that the sample sizes are TINY, so you get a couple uses out of them.  I'm giving Birchbox another chance to see what else I may get next month!  I hope for some more fun things!

Thanks for stopping by:):)

Until next time!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I got a birchbox for 2 months. I wasn't impressed and canceled but you look like you got some awesome stuff!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still not for sure what I think of Birchbox, but I thought that I would give them another chance:)

      Delete
  2. First I would like to thank you for your comment :) second what is this birch box exactly? where can I buy it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Birchbox is a company that sends out sample sizes of beauty products. If you enjoy any of the sample sizes then you can buy it through them! You can buy it on Birchboxes website:)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog:) If you have any questions then feel free to ask away and I will get back to you!