Sunday, March 11, 2012

Two of My Favorites!

This girl had such a busy and fun filled weekend with the hubby, mom, and friends:)  Saturday my mom came to visit and later on that night I went out to eat with two of my besties to a yummy Japanese Hibachi Steak Grill!!! Then today I went shopping with my friends and I found some colorful finger nail polishes.

I've been experimenting with different designs on my nails.  Last night was a complete fail, the design that I added to my deep navy blue polish looked terrible.  So, I decided to try something different and fresh to start the beginning of the fabulous week work:)  Teal and purple are my new favorite colors for decorations or really just anything!  For my new nail polish design those are the colors that I decided to use:)

CoLoRFuL!!!!
I found these lovely nail polishes at Sally Beauty Supply Store!  I almost didn't get these being it's Sunday today and the stores usually close around 6.  We arrived at 5:45 and the clerk wasn't too happy with us, but we were out of there before 6!  What looks like a white sheet of paper next to the polishes is actually finger tape for a french manicure.
Spring Swirl:)



There are a couple steps that you have to take before you can have your nail polish swirl.  
1.  Put the tape on all of your finger nails first to your liking and try to keep the tape position consistent as you can.  Make sure you push down hard on the tape otherwise you will have nail polish seep under the tape and it won't make a clean line.

2.  Start with one hand and paint the bottom of your finger nail below the tape teal.  You may need to apply a 2nd coat of nail polish.
3. Grab the other finger nail polish, in this case purple, and paint the top of the nail.
After painting both colors
4.  Pull the tape off before the nail polish dries.  This way the tape won't stick to your nail.
5. Wait for the polish to dry then grab a silver nail polish pen and color in the spot where the tape was.
6.  Apply the clear coat on top of your finger nail polish.

Spring Colors!

They definitely are not perfect!  I have not really tried any type of designs like these before...I guess they say practice makes perfect or at least improvement!  This is my practice:)

I hope that you like the design and color choice:)  Have a great rest of your Sunday!!!!!!

Until next time!!!!

UndertheTableandDreaming

6 comments:

  1. SO pretty Mindy! I love the colors and how you did the stripes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurie it turned out better than what I thought it would!

      Delete
  2. LOVE this! You did a great job and the colors are perfect for Spring. Super cute!!
    Because Shanna Said So

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look fantastic.

    Thank you for sharing, I found your link at under the table and dreaming.

    Mommy Sauri~
    http://casadesauri.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the nice comment and for stopping by!!!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog:) If you have any questions then feel free to ask away and I will get back to you!