Thursday, March 22, 2012

A Mod Podge Day:)

Whoop!  Whoop!!  It's Thursday and it only means two things: 1. My fav shows are on tonight and 2. It's almost FRIDAY:)  I'm digging that it's almost Friday because it's the weekend and it means let The Hunger Games begin!!!  So completely excited for it:):)

I have been trying to find some lovely decorations or at least inspiration for crafts that we can display in our basement.  I thought it would be a neat idea to include our last intail "J" in our decor.  I wanted to personalize it to our color scheme that we'll have in the basement.  So, I ran over to Hobby Lobby, and bought a cardboard "J", and some scrapbook paper to cover it with.  This is what I came up with!

Teal, Gray, and Purple:)

This project was pretty easy to whip together and didn't take too much time!  I think it took me more time with trying to figure out what to add to the "J" than anything else!


My materials for covering the "J"


 First, I traced the "J" and cut that out.  I was worried about the teal scrapbook paper because of the thread that was in it.  I thought it might just unravel once I cut it, but it didn't:)  Then I measured the width of the "J" and cut out strips of that from my purple scrapbook paper.  Next, I found my, good and trusty, Mod Podge the glossy kind.  I heart Mod Podge! I applied it to the "J" and let it dry for a good 2 hours. Definitely let it set for a while to dry!
After the Mod Podge
 Then I took my purple scrapbook paper and folded it accordion style, but at a slant, so it would make a flower.  My black flower with the pearl in the middle was laying around, so I decided it would make the purple pop if I put it in the middle.  There was some left over gray material that I used at the top. and put the flower in the middle.  Ta-daa, you have a fun little "J":):):)
~Cute~

Now, I just don't know what I'm going to do with all of my crafting and decorative items that I'm buying.  The basement isn't ready yet, so I can't display it, but I can't wait until I can:)

It's been a while since I made a craft!  I was having withdraws, I think;)  Have any of you been working on some neat crafts?

Thanks for stopping by:)

Until next time!!!!
I've linked up to: Craft-O-Maniac,
The 36th AVENUEWeekend Bloggy Reading
Today's Creative Blog

19 comments:

  1. Cute! That scrapbook paper was a great find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jamie, I completely agree with you! I did a little happy dance when I found it because I knew it would work well with our basement colors:)

      Delete
  2. SO funny because I just made something super similar but for Easter! Great minds think alike! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they do! I purchased my "J" for our wedding, but never ended up using so, I thought why not use it now. It just took me the week to finally finish it!

      Delete
  3. I made something similar to this for my office next year. I used my first initial, grey paint, blue ribbon and teacher themed stickers.... I can't wait to hang it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this idea! My bestie also made similar mod-podge letters (her last name) and you have reminded me that I seriously need to get onto this project! Seriously the best!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tyah! It is such an easy project! Have fun:)

      Delete
  5. Thanks for stopping by! Your letter J is really beautiful...I saw a tutorial on Pinterest of how to make a giant letter using corn flakes boxes...must make a letter too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm....I haven't seen that on Pinterest. It sounds pretty neat, I'll have to look for it and try it:)

      Delete
  6. That is adorable, I really love your color choices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see all of my DIY's for our basement come together!

      Delete
  7. Oh wow! LOVE how this turned out. The color is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cassidy! I love the teal scrapbook paper and the shine on the purple:)

      Delete
  8. modge podge can do so much with it an awesome invention come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com to see what I shared

    ReplyDelete
  9. Deposisi energi langsung menggunakan energi panas terfokus seperti busur listrik, laser atau berkas elektron untuk menggabungkan kawat atau bahan baku bubuk saat disimpan. https://duniagadget.net/ Proses ini dilalui secara horizontal untuk membangun lapisan, dan lapisan ditumpuk secara vertikal untuk membuat bagian.

    Proses ini dapat digunakan dengan berbagai bahan, termasuk logam, keramik, dan polimer.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog:) If you have any questions then feel free to ask away and I will get back to you!