Thursday, March 22, 2012

A Mod Podge Day:)

Whoop!  Whoop!!  It's Thursday and it only means two things: 1. My fav shows are on tonight and 2. It's almost FRIDAY:)  I'm digging that it's almost Friday because it's the weekend and it means let The Hunger Games begin!!!  So completely excited for it:):)

I have been trying to find some lovely decorations or at least inspiration for crafts that we can display in our basement.  I thought it would be a neat idea to include our last intail "J" in our decor.  I wanted to personalize it to our color scheme that we'll have in the basement.  So, I ran over to Hobby Lobby, and bought a cardboard "J", and some scrapbook paper to cover it with.  This is what I came up with!

Teal, Gray, and Purple:)

This project was pretty easy to whip together and didn't take too much time!  I think it took me more time with trying to figure out what to add to the "J" than anything else!


My materials for covering the "J"


 First, I traced the "J" and cut that out.  I was worried about the teal scrapbook paper because of the thread that was in it.  I thought it might just unravel once I cut it, but it didn't:)  Then I measured the width of the "J" and cut out strips of that from my purple scrapbook paper.  Next, I found my, good and trusty, Mod Podge the glossy kind.  I heart Mod Podge! I applied it to the "J" and let it dry for a good 2 hours. Definitely let it set for a while to dry!
After the Mod Podge
 Then I took my purple scrapbook paper and folded it accordion style, but at a slant, so it would make a flower.  My black flower with the pearl in the middle was laying around, so I decided it would make the purple pop if I put it in the middle.  There was some left over gray material that I used at the top. and put the flower in the middle.  Ta-daa, you have a fun little "J":):):)
~Cute~

Now, I just don't know what I'm going to do with all of my crafting and decorative items that I'm buying.  The basement isn't ready yet, so I can't display it, but I can't wait until I can:)

It's been a while since I made a craft!  I was having withdraws, I think;)  Have any of you been working on some neat crafts?

Thanks for stopping by:)

Until next time!!!!
I've linked up to: Craft-O-Maniac,
The 36th AVENUEWeekend Bloggy Reading
UndertheTableandDreaming Today's Creative Blog

18 comments:

  1. Cute! That scrapbook paper was a great find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jamie, I completely agree with you! I did a little happy dance when I found it because I knew it would work well with our basement colors:)

      Delete
  2. SO funny because I just made something super similar but for Easter! Great minds think alike! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they do! I purchased my "J" for our wedding, but never ended up using so, I thought why not use it now. It just took me the week to finally finish it!

      Delete
  3. I made something similar to this for my office next year. I used my first initial, grey paint, blue ribbon and teacher themed stickers.... I can't wait to hang it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this idea! My bestie also made similar mod-podge letters (her last name) and you have reminded me that I seriously need to get onto this project! Seriously the best!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tyah! It is such an easy project! Have fun:)

      Delete
  5. Thanks for stopping by! Your letter J is really beautiful...I saw a tutorial on Pinterest of how to make a giant letter using corn flakes boxes...must make a letter too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm....I haven't seen that on Pinterest. It sounds pretty neat, I'll have to look for it and try it:)

      Delete
  6. That is adorable, I really love your color choices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see all of my DIY's for our basement come together!

      Delete
  7. Oh wow! LOVE how this turned out. The color is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cassidy! I love the teal scrapbook paper and the shine on the purple:)

      Delete
  8. modge podge can do so much with it an awesome invention come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com to see what I shared

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog:) If you have any questions then feel free to ask away and I will get back to you!