Thursday, March 1, 2012

Sunshine Award

Hey Everyone!  I'm very excited to let you all know that I have been given the Sunshine Award from  The Rookie Wife:)  Laurie has an amazing blog where she posts a lot of crafty ideas.  You will be sure to get some inspiration from her lovely blog.  You should definitely go check it out!




 As a recipient of this delightful award, I have a few rules to follow:
  • Include the award’s logo in a post or on your blog. See above.
  • Answer 10 questions about yourself. See below.
  • Nominate 10-12 other fabulous bloggers. See my list below.
  • Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blogs, letting them know they have been nominated. So happy to share the love!
  • Share the love and link the person who nominated you.
Ten Sunshine Award Questions (and answers):
Favorite color: Pink, no question!  I have always, always loved that color!  That is the color I even choose for my bridesmaids dresses this past summer :)
Favorite animal:  It definitely has to be dogs!  Ever since I can remember, I've had a dog and life wouldn't be the same if I didn't have  my baby Lucy!!  The are very loyal and protective pets.
Favorite number: 21, when I was younger, I couldn't wait to get to that age.  So, it just became my fav number! 
Favorite non-alcoholic drink:Crystal Light!   I love just about any flavor: pink lemonade, fruit punch, strawberry kiwi, and etc.
Prefer Facebook or Twitter? I only have Facebook, so that's the one prefer. 
My passion: It has to be teaching.   I love being able to help students out and seeing "the light bulb click".  It can be a challenging job, but it is soo rewarding:)
Prefer getting or giving presents: Giving.
Favorite pattern: Ummm...not really for sure.  It used to be damask, but I don't know what it is now!
Favorite day of the week: Saturday because the weekend has just begun and it's not quite over with yet.  Plus, this is usually the time I get to see friends and family:)
Favorite flower:  Gerber daisies, they are just so pretty and fun!    I had to have them included in my bouquets for our wedding:):):)
OK. So now here is the fun part – here is my list of blogs that regularly bring a little sunshine into my life.  In no particular order:

1.   It's Overflowing - If you ever need any inspiration then you should stop on over at her blog!  I always look forward to each of her posts!  She is a sweetheart and hosts some great linky parties:)


2.  Decorating the Dorchester Way - You should stop by this blog if you want to find an excellent craft such as adorable ABC letters or a perfect little pouf !    There are lots of DIY crafts spark some ideas:)


3.  My Girlish Whisms - This cute blog has anything from wedding ideas, to DIY, and jewelry tutorials!  I love reading about  her fantastic jewelry tutorials.  They have sparked an interest in trying to make jewelry myself!!  She always has some blog love to give:)  


4.  Newlywoodwards - I am always excited to see what her next post is going to be!  She has such a variety of posts on her blog, but these are just a few: home reno, unique crafts, and tasty recipes.  She is an expecting mama, so she has also been posting about updates to babies room:)  Her blog really does bring some sunshine into my day!


5.  52 Mantels - All I can say is that if you want to see some different ways to decorate your mantel you should really check this blog out!  She has awesomely decorated mantels and such cute DIY project.  


6.  Queen of Savings - If your looking to save a little money and need some help with that then you should check out this blog!  There are lots of coupons and different pointers as to how you can some moola:)


7.  Decor and the Dog - I love reading her posts they always give me such inspiration whether it's from the fabulous that pictures that she takes or the spectacular home renovations.  It's so much fun when she talks about Ike, her doggie!!!


8.  No. 29 Design - I'm glad that I just recently found her blog!  There is quite a bit of home decor inspiration which is what I need right now, since we're remodeling our basement:)


9.  Dumped and Discovered - Lots of ideas on this blog about antique furniture pieces made new with a fresh coat of paint or change in design.  I have been checking out quite a few of her posts for some new ideas:)


10.  Between U & Me - She has such a cute and girly blog that I just love:)  She posts many DIY and craft projects.  Plus, she puts on a linky party every week!  She has been another great inspiration for my crafting!!


These are just some of blogs that I enjoy reading each and every day and giving me inspiration to continue my blog!  Now it's your turn to show some fellow bloggers some love:)

I'm really sooo ecstatic that today I made it over 10,000 views:):):)  I can't thank each and every one of you enough for stopping by and leaving such wonderful comments and showing the blog love!!!  You guys rock!!!

Until next time!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for featuring No. 29 Design! Now I have some questions to answer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for spreading the love girl! I will be checking out some of these other blogs you nominated :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should because they all are so awesome:)

      Delete
  3. Oh my word...such a treat...I'm totally dying!!! Thanks so much for featuring me Mindy!!! Your blog totally ROCKS, too!!! Hope your weeks been great!!! XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mindy. Thanks so much for including me with this fabulous group of bloggers!!!! I AM SO HONORED!!!! :) Congrats on getting 10,000 page views! Very soon it will be 20,000! I hope to have time soon to nominate other fabulous bloggers for this award!! Thanks again, I am truly honored!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog:) If you have any questions then feel free to ask away and I will get back to you!