Sunday, March 25, 2012

Say Cheese!!!

It's Sunday morning, here in Iowa, and the sun is shining without a cloud in the sky:)  I have all sorts of things planned to finish for today like: take our doggie for walk, clean the house, make dinner, and go into town to get some errands done!  Do you all have a long list of things to wrap up before the weekend comes to an end?

Yesterday, I shared with you my Walnut and Grape Salad and today I wanted to share with you my Mac n' Cheese recipe.  I thought the salad and the Mac n' Cheese went very well together and I think that I will be whipping it together again because it was such a hit with the hubby and my guests:)

Yummy!!!



 Normally, I'm not a fan of Mac n' Cheese, especially homemade, but I'm a Catholic girl and since it's lent, we can't eat meat on Fridays.  So, I had to find a recipe that wouldn't have meat and I turned to the comfort food Mac n' Cheese:)  I'm glad that I tried making it because it was a hit!!!!

Ingredients:

5 c of uncooked macaroni pasta
8 tablespoons of butter
10 tablespoons of flour
2 tsp of salt
1 tsp of pepper
1 tsp of onion powder
4 c of milk
1 bag and a half of Cheddar cheese
1 tsp of ground mustard
1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp of hot sauce
Sprinkle bread crumbs to your liking on top of the mac n' cheese
Ingredients


1.  Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Grab a 9 x 13 casserole dish out.

2.  Fill a large sauce pan with water and bring to a boil.  Stir in macaroni; boil until cooked but still firm.  Drain and set aside.

3.  In the same sauce pan, melt the butter over medium high heat.  Stir in salt, flour, pepper, milk, and onion powder.  Whisk until smooth.  Cook stirring for 2 minutes or so. 
Whisk in ingredients
The sauce won't be thick at all just liquid.  Reduce the heat to low, and whisk in your cheese, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and hot sauce.


What the sauce will look like
 Stir in the noodles.  Put the Mac n' Cheese into your casserole dish. Sprinkle the bread crumbs on top to your liking.

4.  Bake the dish uncovered until the cheese is melted and the macaroni is warm, about 10 minutes.

Serve and Enjoy:)  Overall, this recipe was pretty easy to make and it had quite a bit of flavor:)  This isn't like the normal Mac n' Cheese you will find in a box!  It has a little bit different taste to it, but it's definitely different in a good way.  It didn't get dried out which was also a plus!  I hope you find this recipe useful:)  Enjoy this beautiful Sunday!



Thanks for stopping by:)

Until next time!!!!!
UndertheTableandDreamingI've linked up to:  It's Overflowing, Craft-O-Maniac,Today's Creative Blog

8 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for stopping by! Adorable blog btw! Looking forward to reading more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh I loooove MAC&CHEESE! Especially homemade! Thanks for sharing this awesome recipe. Will def have to try it :o) Have a great week girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious. I love Mac n' Cheese and will definitely try this recipe. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog:) If you have any questions then feel free to ask away and I will get back to you!