One of my passions and things I enjoy keeping myself busy with is decorating. I'm definitely not a pro at this, and that's why I'm asking for some suggestions! Don't you love trying to find new pieces for your newly decorated room? I know I do! It was about time to update our "master bedroom", time for a much needed change. Plus, I've been itching to get out there and start shopping and searching for some decor for our house:) Here is our bedroom before:
Now before I show you "the after", I have to explain that I'm not finished and it's only the beginning of long decorating process! I wanted to go with a drastic color change. Purple and gray, I think are very deep, rich, and romantic, and they compliment each well:)
My inspiration piece for this color was my dress which was a recent spur of the moment birthday purchase:)
I was in search for a comforter for quite some time now, I guess you could call me picky:-/ What I mean by quite some time is about 6 months or so! What I wanted was a modern, mainly white with touches of purple and gray. I checked Bed Bath and Beyond, Target, Walmart, Macy's, Bloomingdales, Kmart, Sears, JcPenny, Younkers, and the list could continue on and on!
Finally, I came to the conclusion that maybe I need to find a solid comforter and add accents or accessories to give my room a pop of color. That's just what I did! I found a dark gray comforter and bed skirt from Target, purple coverlet and a new sheet set from Kohl's, and the flower pillow from Gordman's. When I found all of those pieces, I know that I'm a dork, but I did a little happy dance:)
This is what it looks like so far:
If you scroll up to the very first picture on the post and see two accents pillows. I took those two accent pillows and covered them in the lavender pillow cases to see what the contrast would look like if I made a pillow case for them. I'm a visual type of person, that's me:)
Here are my other plans for re-vamping and pulling everything together:
1. Repaint the walls: Light purple gray accent color behind the bed and to give it an extra little something some type of pearly gray stencil! How fantastic would that be? Here are some of the stencils I had in mind from Cutting Edge Stencils The rest of the walls would have a tiny, itty, bitty touch of gray to them.
Here's some other options:
Love how I could put it in corners of my room!
2. Find some purple/gray/shiny silver accents.
3. Make some curtains and pillows ( Wish me luck on this one! It will be my first for both....eeeekkk!!!)
4. Have hubby put up trim around windows.
5. Refinish my hubby's and my dresser - Still unsure what to paint them white to break up the darkness in the room or black....hmmm...so many decisions!
6. I'm sure I'm missing some other things, but can't remember! So, miscellaneous goes for this one!
I plan on, crossing my fingers and toes, to have this finished shortly after Thanksgiving! I'll keep you posted on the progress and hoping to hear some wonderful suggestions along this decor journey:) Here's to home improvements, home decor, and having everything all come together perfectly! Wishing everyone a Happy, Happy Halloween!!!:):):)