Friday, October 28, 2011

Change is Grrrreat!!!!

One of my passions and things I enjoy keeping myself busy with is decorating.  I'm definitely not a pro at this, and that's why I'm asking for some suggestions!  Don't you love trying to find new pieces for your newly decorated room?  I know I do!  It was about time to update our "master bedroom", time for a much needed change.  Plus, I've been itching to get out there and start shopping and searching for some decor for our house:)  Here is our bedroom before:
Now before I show you "the after", I have to explain that I'm not finished and it's only the beginning of long decorating process!  I wanted to go with a drastic color change.  Purple and gray, I think are very deep, rich, and romantic, and they compliment each well:)

My inspiration piece for this color was my dress which was a recent spur of the moment birthday purchase:)
That's me in the middle, all happy to be with great friends:) Isn't it crazy though, how you can find inspiration?  The thing that I love about this dress is the fabric, beading, and the deep color!  I think it looks classy and that's how I want my room to turn out!



I was in search for a comforter for quite some time now, I guess you could call me picky:-/  What I mean by quite some time is about 6 months or so!  What I wanted was a modern, mainly white with touches of purple and gray.  I checked Bed Bath and Beyond, Target, Walmart, Macy's, Bloomingdales, Kmart, Sears, JcPenny, Younkers, and the list could continue on and on!

Finally, I came to the conclusion that maybe I need to find a solid comforter and add accents or accessories to give my room a pop of color.  That's just what I did!  I found a dark gray comforter and bed skirt from Target, purple coverlet and a new sheet set from Kohl's, and the flower pillow from Gordman's. When I found all of those pieces, I know that I'm a dork, but I did a little happy dance:)

This is what it looks like so far:

or....  I used the deep purple coverlet under the comforter to give more color and texture by pillows.  The thing that I don't like about this one is the it is pretty dark and I think I need to add something at the base of the bed...what do you think? 
 In this bottom pic, I know it's a little wrinkly, but I was just trying to get a quick idea of how it would look.  I tend to get overly excited about decorating and I just can't wait!  I feel like a kid at the candy store!!

If you scroll up to the very first picture on the post and see two accents pillows.  I took those two accent pillows and covered them in the lavender pillow cases to see what the contrast would look like if I made a pillow case for them.  I'm a visual type of person, that's me:)
Which way do you think visually looks better:  the first pic of the gray bed set or the second pic with gray and purple on the bottom.  Another thing, I could try is to buy another purple throw blanket or coverlet and put it at the base of the bed to break it up if I wanted to keep the coverlet under the comforter.  Which option would you choose?

Here are my other plans for re-vamping and pulling everything together:

1.  Repaint the walls: Light purple gray accent color behind the bed and to give it an extra little something some type of pearly gray stencil!  How fantastic would that be?  Here are some of the stencils I had in mind from Cutting Edge Stencils The rest of the walls would have a tiny, itty, bitty touch of gray to them.
What I would do with this stencil is have the stencil be two or three different colors: pearly gray, deeper purple, and an off white color on a light purplish gray accent wall.  I love how this stencil isn't the whole wall and they're off centered and I wouldn't have to be worried that I didn't line them up perfectly.
Here's some other options:
Love how I could put it in corners of my room!
 Not sure about this one just because there wouldn't be much stencil on the wall....
 Like the flower pattern, just not so sure if I want to go with a flower theme......
 Which pattern do you think would look best with my comforter and look I'm trying to go with?

2. Find some purple/gray/shiny silver accents.
3. Make some curtains and pillows ( Wish me luck on this one!  It will be my first for both....eeeekkk!!!)
4. Have hubby put up trim around windows.
5. Refinish my hubby's and my dresser - Still unsure what to paint them white to break up the darkness in the room or black....hmmm...so many decisions!
6. I'm sure I'm missing some other things, but can't remember! So, miscellaneous goes for this one!

I plan on, crossing my fingers and toes, to have this finished shortly after Thanksgiving!  I'll keep you posted on the progress and hoping to hear some wonderful suggestions along this decor journey:)  Here's to home improvements, home decor, and having everything all come together perfectly!  Wishing everyone a Happy, Happy Halloween!!!:):):)

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a serious to-do list! Sounds like my house. :o) I like the jewel-tone colors, very pretty.
    You left such a nice comment on my Ladybug Party post, but your email address wasn't attached to your profile for replying, so I headed over to say thank you.
    The Brie En Croute is delicious - you should totally try it! You'll become an addict like us. :o)
    Thanks again for coming by and taking the time to comment!

    Mindy @ Rindy Mae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mindy:) I do have quite a ways to go, but I'll get there eventually. Doesn't it always seem like there's always things to finish no matter how many projects you knock off your list! I will definitely try to make Brie En Croute...maybe for my Christmas party. Thanks for stopping by, Mindy:) P.S. we're name twins:) Not too often does that happen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suryo Hartanto, M.Pd.T. sekarang tercatat sebagai salah satu satunya dosen di Kampus Riau Kepulauan yang ditemukan sebagai salah satu kampus paling tua dan terbaik di Batam, Kepulauan Riau.

    Dr. Suryo ambil sektor pengetahuan Pengajaran Tehnik dan Kejuruan yang disebut salah satunya Pengajaran Vokasi. Menurut dia, perubahan dunia pengajaran di bagian vokasi banyak. Akan diperlukan tenaga pakar di bagian ini, dan dianya berasa pas ada di bagian pengetahuan satu ini.

    Dosen yang dekat dipanggil Suryo ini akui tidak tercipta dari keluarga dengan latar belakang pengajaran. https://duniaidola.com/ Ayahnya adalah seorang PNS dan bekerja di Kantor Kecamatan, sedangkan ibunya sendiri sebagai wanita yang memilih untuk menggambar penuh jadi ibu rumah-tangga.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog:) If you have any questions then feel free to ask away and I will get back to you!