Thursday, August 23, 2012

Skinny Chili Seasoned Potato Slices

Happy Tuesday everyone!!!  I have officially gotten through the first two days of school:)  Whoop! Whoop!  Busy is my middle name now, especially between working out and school, I'm barely at home!  It's all good though:)  This past weekend, we had over the hubby's family, his mom, dad, sister, niece, and brother-in-law.  They live quite a ways away from us, so they stayed the weekend!  We made supper, and had a little campfire in the backyard:)

The hubby grilled some steak and chicken and I made potato slices, broccoli, and caramel chocolate chip bars.  I will share with you all the recipe that I used for all of those delicious side dishes.  For now though, I will share the Skinny Chili Seasoned Potato Slices...mm mmm, were they good!!!
De-licious!!!!



Ingredients:
1 tlbsp of onion soup mix
1 tlbsp of chili powder
1/4 tsp of salt
1/4 tsp of pepper
1/4 tsp of garlic powder
2 tlbsps of vegetable oil
4 large potatoes

These "baked fries" are really on the spicy side!  Don't get me wrong I like spicy things, but I don't know if I like this much of a kick on my potatoes.  So, if you don't like much of a kick either I would only add in 1/2 tblsp of chili powder.
Ingredients
First, you will need to slice up your potatoes.  Try to make them all the same size as much as possible; otherwise certain slices will get cooked before others which will lead to burning your potatoes:(  Set the oven to 425 degrees.

Next, put you potato slices into a ziplock baggie and then add all of the ingredients except for the oil.  Once you have added all of the ingredients to the bag then shake the potatoes like crazy.  Once the potatoes have been coated then place them onto a cookie sheet.  Drizzle your vegetable oil on them. 

Shakin not stirred!
Place the cookie sheet with the potatoes in the oven for 18 minutes.  Take it out and flip over the potato slices and put back into the oven for another 15-20 minutes.  Let cool for a couple minutes and then it's time to serve and enjoy:):):)

In all it's deliciousness!
I hope you all have a fantastic day!!!!  

Thanks for stopping by:):):)

Until next time!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog:) If you have any questions then feel free to ask away and I will get back to you!