Sunday, August 19, 2012

Lighter Italian Pasta Salad!

Hey All!!!!  It's been a crazy last few weeks!  We went camping 2 weeks ago and then came home and hubby left for a week for work.  I started school this past Wednesday and tried to stay on my same exercise plan, which makes for no free time, but it's all worth it because I feel soo much better after all of my workouts:)  I have even been waking up early to take our puppy for a walk before work, which is completely unlike me since I haven't usually been much of a morning person.  I guess I'm turning a new leaf!

I have some Excellent news to share with you all, I have lost over 20 lbs!!!!  I stepped on the scale on Thursday and saw that I down to 173.2 lbs which means I lost 21 lbs:):)  I was soo happy, I screamed and did a little happy dance.  The hubby wasn't there, but our puppy, Lucy, was and she didn't know what to think!  I'm 1/3 of the way to my goal weight...woohoo!!!

I'm kind of behind on my posts and when we last went camping, I made a lighter Italian Pasta Salad that was really tasty and quite refreshing!  Whenever we go camping, I'm trying to find recipes that will be a little on the lighter side instead of eating really fattening and grease filled food, like I used to do!  That food is not so good for eating healthier!!!

It was pretty easy, it may have taken a little bit of time to chop up all of the veggies, but it was so worth it:)
Lighter Italian Pasta Salad


Ingredients:
Garden Delight tri-color Rotoni Noodles
Light Italian Dressing
Cucumbers
Cherry Tomatoes
Mozzarella Cheese
Red Bell Pepper
Red Onion
Turkey Pepperoni
Ingredients
Ingredients

First use the whole box of the noodles and immerse in boiling water to cook them thoroughly.
Cook the noodles
Then start chopping up all of the rest of the ingredients, except obviously, the Italian Dressing. For the veggies, I just put in different amounts of each.  I just chopped them up added it to the salad and judging by what it looked like add more if needed.  So, I really didn't use a set amount the veggies, mozzarella cheese, or the turkey pepperoni!

Once the noodles are cooked add all of the veggies, turkey pepperoni, and mozzarella cheese.  Pour about 1/4 bottle of Italian Dressing onto the salad and viola you are finished!  Easy peasy lemon squeezy!!!

Yummy in the my tummy!
There you have it!  I hope you all will enjoy this recipe:) 

Thanks for stopping by:):):)

Until next time!!!!!!

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog:) If you have any questions then feel free to ask away and I will get back to you!