Monday, August 6, 2012

Delicious Skinny Ham and Noodle Casserole!

Hey everyone!  It's another beautiful day in Iowa:)  The temperature is perfect and the sun is shining!!!
Last night, I made a healthy and delicious supper for the hubs and I.  It really was a hit!  At first, when I told him was I was making, he didn't want to try it.  After he tried it, he changed his mind.  I have to say I was a little skeptical because it contains cottage cheese and I'm not a fan and either is the hubby.  Needless, to say, I didn't tell the hubby that it had cottage cheese, I told him it was ricotta cheese.  Otherwise he wouldn't of even tried it, you know how men can be sometimes!
Skinny Ham and Noodle Casserole!



It's a real simple recipe that you will be coming back to several times!

Ingredients:
6 ozs of whole wheat fettuccine noodles
1 1/2 cs of 1% small-curd cottage cheese (12 ozs)
1 package of country mixed veggies (10 ozs) Make sure it is thawed
1 c of cubed fully cooked ham
3/4 c of reduced-fat sour cream
1/4 c fat free milk
3 tlbsps reduced fat grated Parmesan cheese
2 teaspoons all purpose flour
1 tsp of dried dill weed
1/4 tsp of salt

Most of the ingredients
First, cook the noodles until done.  Drain the water from the noodles.  Mix all of the ingredients together with the noodles.

Cook noodles
Add the ingredients to the noodles

Put into a 2 qt baking dish.


Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.  Then uncover and bake for 10 minutes or until cooked thoroughly.   Enjoy:):)
Yummy!!!!
Thanks for stopping by:):):):)

Until next time!!!!!

 I've linked up to: 

1 comment:

  1. I'm lovin all the recipe posts lately.:) I really need to start eating better. I've tried to start drinking more water, keeping a food diary, eating almods, fruit, drinking green tea etc so that I can be healthy before we try to have a baby! I really need to blog about it. I'd probably be more successful LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog:) If you have any questions then feel free to ask away and I will get back to you!