Monday, February 20, 2012

Chicken Tetrazzini

Hey Everyone!  I hope you all had a wonderful Monday:)  I had the day off today for President's Day and I accomplished quite a bit.  All day today, I was thinking I can't wait for Spring, can't wait for Spring.  About 2 hours ago I look outside and the grass is covered in SNOW!  We are getting more snow:(  BOOO to snow!

Last night, I made the hubby and I a delicious and healthy supper!  We both thought it was pretty tasty, so I'm going to share it with you:)

I made Chicken Tetrazzini!  In order to make you will need these ingreidents:

- 3 Chicken Breast
- 1/2 pound of uncooked spaghetti
- 1/4 c of  chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 Tbsp of butter
- 3 Tbsp of cornstarch
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz) reduced-soduim chicken broth
- 1 can (12 oz) of fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 can (4 oz) mushroom stems and pieces(we excluded this)
- 1/2 Tsp of seasoned salt
- Dash of pepper
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 Tsp of paprika

Step 1:
Cook Spaghetti
Step 2:
Cube and cook chicken
Step 3:
Chop garlic and onion
 Yes, that is a chicken cutting board!  I know it's scary, but it's cut into our counter was that way when we bought the house.  It's nice being able to cut things without getting out a cutting board, but the chicken isn't the most cutest thing!

Step 4: In large sauce pan, saute the onion and garlic in butter until tender.

Saute onion and garlic
Step 5: Combine cornstarch and broth until smooth.
Add cornstarch to the broth
Step 6: Pour chicken broth mixture on the sauteed onions and garlic.  Bring to a boil; cook and stir until it is thickened.

Step 7: Turn the oven to low and add in the Evaporated Milk.  Stir until it is thickened.

Step 8:  Stir in the chicken, salt, pepper, spaghetti, and mushrooms(if desired).

Step 9: Grab a 8 x 8 casserole dish and spray with cooking spray.  Put the chicken tetrazzini in the dish, cover, and put in oven at 350 degrees and bake for 20 minutes.

Step 10:  When it's finished sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and paprika!


Tip Junkie handmade projects
The 36th AVENUE
It's Overflowing
Weekend Bloggy Reading


  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the sweet comment :), I'm a new follower! This looks so yummy...I love getting new recipes!

    1. I loved visiting your blog! You should definitely try this one:)

  2. Hi,
    I am a new GFC follower. I found you on a grow your blog hop. I would love for you to stop by my site and follow me as well. Also check out our giveaway for a $170 Technogel Pillow if you are interested. Thanks

    1. Hey Monica, thanks for stopping by:) I will definitely stop by your blog.

  3. Hi! I am a new blog follower via blog hop! This recipe looks delicious. I am in the cooking mood right now so I will be stopping by for more recipes. Thanks! Tonya

    1. Yes, Tonya you should stop back because I plan on adding more delicious recipes to my blog! Thanks for leaving such a nice comment!

  4. That looks super delicious - I'll be trying this out soon. I can never get the sauce to thicken up in the recipe I have!

    Stopping by from Talent Show Tues.

    1. Sarah with this recipe it is fairly easy, take it from me because I don't do a whole lotta cooking:) Good luck!

  5. Replies
    1. I don't know how I forgot both of those! I added it to the recipe:) You will need 3 chicken breasts and cook it for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. I hope that helps:)

  6. Sorry, sorry, sorry. I meant, how long do I cook the finished dish?


Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog:) If you have any questions then feel free to ask away and I will get back to you!