Wednesday, November 9, 2011

How "Smashing"!!!

Archiver's Blog
Last night, while I was looking on Pinterest which then lead me to another site, I found Smash books!  I had never of heard of them before, but once I saw one I knew I had to have one of my own:) What it is, is a book/journal of catch all and there really is no rhyme or reason to it, kinda similar to a collague.  You can write any inspirations in it, favorite quotes, pictures, or just about anything you can think of that would fit into a book can go in there. 







While I was searching for different "Smash" books, I came across this DIY one

Isn't this DIY "Smash" book Awesome?












When I find something new, and really want to try it out, then I go out and find something the next day!  First though, I went through my own stash of notebooks and such aaaanndd I found this notebook(below).  Taaadaa:):)  I know, I know, it's boring right?!?!? Look at my inspiration though and what she did with hers.  I know that I can do that too.  Here I go, yet again adding another project to my long list!  Oh well, it'll keep me busy!
My notebook I had stumbled upon!













After seeing the one above, I couldn't wait to DIY my very own!  I haven't had much time tonight to work on it because I have been working on my gift for the gift exchange over at Craftaholics Anonymous.  Here is just a couple pages that I have started and I have lots to add to it! 
This page still has a long ways to go, but I just wanted to show what I've done so far...  Tomorrow, I just might try to decorate the front page and make it more artisty looking:)  Once I get going on my Smash book, I will post a little about where I'm at and everything! I can't wait until I get some inspiration a flowin'!

Have any of you ever heard of a Smash book?  If so then have you started one also?

Today, for the 24 Days of Giving Thanks, I am thankful for my big ol' puppy dog, Lucy!!!  Lucy is our big, black lab.  We've had her for just about 5 years.  It's scary to think that she will be 5 already!  She really is like a baby to us!  I'm very thankful that she listens well, is smart, doesn't bark, is friendly, and gets along with any other dogs:)  We love her so much that we got a custom cake topper made for our wedding cake and she was on there with us!  I will have to post a picture of it at a later time.  It is super cute!  We love our big Luc dog:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog:) If you have any questions then feel free to ask away and I will get back to you!