Thursday, November 10, 2011

Harvest Time:)

Hey All!!! Yay, it's ALMOST Friday and time for the weekend...woohoo!!!!

Lately, I have been crafting away and I wanted to share with you all one of the crafts I have made.   I always knew that I enjoyed wine for a reason and that was so I could make a center piece like this!  Well, I didn't really make a lot of these little goodies, but I did spray paint my wine glasses with chalkboard paint and put it all together.  I have seen versions of this on Pinterest and then on this website Krista Arista.  This is what I came up with:)

What do you think of my center piece?  It really is quite big for the size of our table, but they say go big or go home~ So, I went big:)  The best part about these wine glasses is that I could use them for many seasons throughout the year and decorate them for each season.


~I bought all of the other decor from Hobby Lobby at 50% off~ What a deal!

*Sparkle, Sparkle*


 This project was for the most part pretty easy.  I first had to remove the wine labels.  I peeled whatever I could first then I ran hot water on them.  After that I scraped the rest of the labels off.  This is the part of the process that took the longest.  I bet a good 25 minutes or so, just to get off the label:-O  Then I spray painted them with black chalkboard paint.  Let them dry and place them on my table with the fall picks:)
First peal off the label
Then run warm water on the labels

The after math!
After painting it


The fall pick in the wine glasses

I have been itching to do a project with chalkboard paint and here it is!  My next chalkboard paint project will be a chalkboard for our kitchen by our entry way.  What do you think of it?  Have a great Thursday, or what is left to it!!!!

For the 24 Days of Giving Thanks, I am thankful for a roof over our heads!  This is one of things that I always take for granted!  There are students at our school who don't have this and I need to be more thankful for something as simple as shelter.  We have such a beautiful house in a great neighborhood and I really couldn't ask for any more!

I've linked up at:  Family Ever After, and Everything Under the Moon




Somewhat SimpleWeekend Bloggy Reading

5 comments:

  1. Very nice!! New follower! I would love it if you would stop by and share this at my linky party :) http://everything-underthemoon.blogspot.com/2011/11/bedazzle-me-monday-8.html

    Also, PRETTY PLEASE check out Random Acts of Kindness Week going on right now. Would love it if you could participate!!
    http://everything-underthemoon.blogspot.com/2011/11/kindness-and-thanksgiving.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nikki, I've linked up and joined your Random Acts of Kindness:) I think it's such an awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog:) If you have any questions then feel free to ask away and I will get back to you!