Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Comfort Food: Chili!!!!

Hey everyone!!!!  I just got back from yet another shopping trip to my favorite store of ALL time, Hobby Lobby and found some great finds and YES they were all on sale...woohoo!!!  Go Me:):)  I will have to post at a later time what I purchased because I wanted to share with you all a fabulous chili recipe that my hubby and I tried over the weekend!

Now, I have to say, that I'm not much of a cook:o, thankfully my hubby is though!!!  So, on Sunday night, he made some homemade chili and it was delish.  All of the credit goes towards him:)

Doesn't it look tasty? 



This is a Texas style chili, so it called for ALOT of meat!

Ingredients:
2lbs very lean ground beef or diced chuck steak
4 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon ground cumin
2 teaspoons paprika
1 onion finely chopped or 2 tablespoons of  minced dried onions
2 teaspoons of salt
1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons masa
2 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
1 (15 oz) can red beans
1(15oz) can tomatoes (whole or diced, drained)

First, brown ground beef and drain.  Stir in tomato sauce and 4 cans of water.  Mix all ingredients except cayenne pepper and masa.  Simmer 30 minutes. Sprinkle in as much pepper as wanted.  Mix masa and 1/4 c. warm water.   Add to chili and stir. Then add tomatoes and beans.  Simmer 20 minutes.

It is very tasty, especially on these cold and rainy/snowy days we have been having. Don't you love our new dish set that we got from our wedding?

My hubby is allergic to beans, so he was kind enough to make me a separate batch of chili with the beans!  Isn't he just wonderful?  This chili is pretty thick, so you may want to add 1 more can of tomato sauce.  Otherwise, enjoy and be merry:)

For the 24 Days of Giving Thanks, today I am thankful for my brother!  He is the most thoughtful brother you could have:)  When we were growing up, we were always pretty close and it still is that way.  When we hang out together, he always listens to what I have to say and every once in a while will go shopping with me without complaining!  That's a pretty awesome brother, right?  So, he is the best brother I could have asked for:)  Love you Bub!

2 comments:

  1. Funny, I just made chili the other night! Sounds like you have a super yummy recipe :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure do Laurie! It must be that time of year for chili, I mean. I just had the last of our leftover chili tonight and it was delish:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog:) If you have any questions then feel free to ask away and I will get back to you!