Saturday, January 14, 2012

And So It Continues....:)

Hey All!!!  I have some very exciting news to tell you and of course it has to do with our basement renovation:)  We went to our home away from home, Menard's and saw that they had our vanity choice on sale along with our counter top for our bathroom.  I just had to have my hubby take a picture of the samples, so all of my followers could see our progress or should I say choices!!!

Vanity color and style of the cabinets:)

First of all, I have to say, that I have a wonderful husband!  He didn't want to go with this type of finish, but he knew how much I liked it and eventually that rubbed off on him and I got the finish that I was dying to have:) YAY!!!   Isn't he just wonderful?!?!? 

I don't have a full view of what the vanity will look like because we had to custom order them.  We are planning on having a 48" vanity, so it will have 2 cabinets under the sink with 2 drawers on each side of the cabinets:)  Plus, we're planning on adding a linen closet in the bathroom for extra storage because you can NEVER have enough storage, right?


Vanity counter top
 We loved this counter top and even liked the look of the faucet.  We didn't decide for sure on the faucet yet, but I do like the look of it:)  Even though our cabinets aren't as dark as the ones above, we think it will look great with our cabinet color!!

Closer picture of the counter top!
A close up of the counter tops that we have purchased, isn't it just lovely?  Granite always put a huge smile on my face:):)  For the rest of the wood work throughout our basement, we are planning on going with white trim, doors, and for our entertainment area also.  For our bar, we are planning on going with a similar color of wood from our vanity or at least as close as we can get!

I can't wait to see the finished product and once everything is put back together in our basement.  I don't know if we will ever want or need to leave our basement!  I just have to say one thing, bring on the parties:):)  Speaking of that, we just had our annual Ugly Christmas Sweater Party about a week ago or so.  So, I will need to post our pictures soon. 

Well, I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend,  I sure am:)  I just have to leave you with a couple picture of what it looks like here in Iowa!  A couple days ago we just got our first big snowfall.  I am a HUGE snow lover.  I'm sure it helps since I'm a teacher and that usually means late starts or early outs:)  Plus, something about the snow is just so magical.  My favorite part is when it is fresh and when the sunlight hits it perfectly it shimmers, that always makes me happy, and something about it makes me feel like a kid.  It's like a winter wonderland:)


Looking in our back yard:)
 It's hard to believe that 4 days ago it was 55 degrees and I was outside playing ball with our dog!  You know you're in Iowa when the weather changes that drastically.



 I wish I would have taken a picture before we went into town this morning because there was frost on all of the trees and it was picture perfect!  Maybe tomorrow I'll have to take a picture.

Showing off some of the drifts!

Hope everyone has a fantastic Saturday! 


I've Linked up to:  Tatertots and Jello, Blue Cricket Design,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog:) If you have any questions then feel free to ask away and I will get back to you!