Sunday, June 17, 2012

On My Way to a New Me!!!!

Another week past and here we are half way through June already!  Where has the time gone?!?!  This summer has just been flying by and I want it to slow down just a little.  I don't want the beginning of the school year to be here already.  As I have said a couple times in different posts, I have started a new chapter in my life that revolves around making a healthier me!  I have struggled with weight all of my life and I still am.  That is why I have decided that it's long past due to start to make better choices for eating and exercising.

I have been a yo-yo dieter ever since I can remember.  I take off 30 pounds and keep it off for a year and then put it back on and then some.  Lose 40 pounds and stay at that weight for a while until something happens in my life and then I pig out because life gets hard.  I have always turned to food for comfort.  Well, this is a point in my life where it has to STOP!  I can no longer let food control my life, choices, and me.  I need to wake up and be able to look in the mirror and be proud of what I see.  I need to know that when I have children that I can give them 100% of my energy and that I can keep up with them.  I don't want to worry about health issues that could happen to me because I am overweight!  I don't want to sneak food at night and think it's okay because "no one will ever know."  I don't want to wake up every morning and be down on myself because of the food choices I made from the day/night before.  I want to feel a since of accomplishment, that I can overcome these issues.   I need to feel confident and good about myself again...

I have begun this new chapter in my life as of 2 weeks ago and it was mainly due to one of the best friends that a girl could have!  I've been wanting to start this new chapter, but I always made excuses about my diet and why I wasn't sticking with it.  Dana was just the push I needed to get me going, and I'm so grateful for that!  Her and I work out together every day during the week.  I have officially lost 6 pounds so far with my new lifestyle changes:):)  I'm so proud of myself for continuing with this and I know this time I WILL follow through with this and continue with this lifestyle change.  I wanted to share with you some pictures of myself throughout the last 4 years and you can definitely see changes.

2009 - I was pretty comfortable at this weight.

 2010 - I gained about 15 pounds
2011 - I gained about 15 pounds

2012 (today) - I gained another 10 pounds!!!
I gained about 40 pounds in less than 4 years...WHAT?!?!  That's crazy I know and this is why I'm changing this cycle:)  The girl in the above picture is not happy with the way she looks.  She is very embarrassed and ashamed that she let herself get to that point.  It stops here!  

I'm going to stay motivated and start to make healthier choices.  I wanted to let all of you about my weight issues and that I'm starting a new lifestyle.  I need to be held accountable in many ways and this is one of the ways by telling my followers about my struggles.

I'm planning on writing posts that have to do more with healthier choices for food, and exercise.   I want to share with you all my successes and struggles as I start this new chapter in my life.  I'm hoping this will not only help me, but others out there who are having the same struggle that I am.  I have lost 6 lbs already and I have 44 lbs to go by December!!!!

Here is to a newer, happier, healthier, and better ME:):):)  Wish me luck!!!!

Thanks for stopping by:):):)

Until next time!!!!!


4 comments:

  1. Good luck with the weight loss girl!! I have been blessed with good genes I suppose and it's never been an issue for me, however, I can't run for even a minute and I've been trying to change that. Just because you are skinny doesn't always mean you are healthy!I'm excited to hear about the progress you are sure to make! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurie:):) I used to be able to run even a 10K that's my exercise goal! I totally agree with you that even when your skinny doesn't mean your healthy. I know someone who is in that situation. Good luck with your running!

      Delete
  2. Mindy that is so awesome!! Best success tip I can give you if make sure you are eating enough. Eat good and clean every few hrs never letting your body go hungry. Diet is 80% of your transformation. Working out is a bonus benefit for your health plus FYI you can eat more when you train! I look forward to reading about your progress! GO MINDY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great tip Cassidy! I think that I may need to be eating a couple hundred calories more than I am especially with all of the exercise I've been involved in! I can believe that diet is 80% of weight loss because I have been exercising for the past year, but haven't really lost anything major. This time around I'm doing this thing the right way and starting a whole new lifestyle:) Thanks for the support!!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog:) If you have any questions then feel free to ask away and I will get back to you!